While researching Blog services we stumbled across some interesting and some not so interesting blogs. A number of people write about dull topics like the social life of their dust bunnies, whereas others write about controversial or motivating topics that inspire empathy and action.
Blogs are an outlet and a stimulator, and unlike many publishing sources, blogs are equally available to everyone. So no matter how uncommon, unique or trivial the topic is, it can be shared.
Here are 10 interesting trends we have noticed in the Blogosphere:
- Informative Blogs:We commend the time it must take to research and write informative blogs. Some cover topics in history or current events; others relate detailed information on hobbies, techniques or procedures.
- Creative Rants:Rants are posted everywhere and we understand that it must feel good to get the frustration out. But some bloggers have made the extra effort to make their rants entertaining, informative and even funny.
- Company Weblogs:Companies are beginning to see the benefit of projecting a more “human” or “approachable” image and are publishing blogs. We have seen some blogs that do a good job at educating customers about products or even frustrations and accomplishments involved in developing a new product.
- Personal Accounts:Often news broadcasters/ publishers do not have the time or space to relate the whole story. Some writers are taking it upon themselves to document the daily details of an event, like a political race or a natural disaster. This has added a ground level, human voice to pivotal events.
- Cultural Introspectives:Some people are using their blogs to help others understand their culture, history and social views, in hope that understanding will inspire improved global relations and altruistic action.
- Pioneering Ideas:Many blogs start a buzz or promote original ideas before they are realized or marketed to the general public. Since most blogs are not motivated by monetary goals they are free avenues of discussion of innovative or alternative thought.
- Niche Notching:Blogs are cheap or free and readily available, so even blogs that cover obscure or unique topics find readers. No matter what your interest is, you can find a blog on that topic.
- Family Blogs:Staying in touch is hard and there are always schedule conflicts. Some families use a blog to share family news and pictures and the blog is available to the entire family anytime of day.
- Creative Writing:Getting published is hard; publishing a book takes a long time and comes with challenges. Some writers are skipping the traditional publishing route and just writing. Blogs can get a writers work out to the world in a hassle free manner. We found many well–composed and thoughtful posts originated by talented writers.
- Travel Blogs:We discovered interesting travel accounts. Some bloggers write about vacationing, others about their tour of service or their research and humanitarian efforts in an impoverished or developing country.
Blogs can inspire, inform or incite. They can be used to document the smallest detail of one life or the largest, most urgent issues of the entire human race. No matter the topic or the writer this avenue of self expression is open to everyone.
If you are interested in starting your own blog, see WordPress.
At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don't Have To.™